The main task that is put before the garden planter with your own hands is to create a beautiful, unusual and functional decor for a pot that will emphasize the beauty of the flower and decorate any interior. Often, people confuse a pot with a pot, but if the main task of a pot is plant growth, which is impossible without drainage, the correct composition of the soil and volume, then the pot is created in order to make a simple pot look unbanal.
Choosing a material
Depending on the budget and needs, you can buy pots in the store, but it is always more interesting to make them yourself. Before buying items for the decoration of the product, you need to consider some details:
- financial aspect. In modern versions of the interior, various products made by oneself are very popular, and since demand creates supply, materials for handmade are not cheap. In addition to purchased parts, you can make a garden planter with your own hands from the available scrap materials, you just need to show a little imagination. In the home interior, you can also use a handmade cache,
- destination Before you organize a “crazy hands” branch in an apartment, you need to ask yourself: will this decor be a part of a temporary project, or will it remain in the apartment on a permanent basis? Temporary pots can be made from scrap materials, and the element of permanent decor should be made of high-quality and suitable components, therefore, in the name of comfort and envy of all guests, you should not skimp on this,
- purchase or independent production. To save time, a practically finished product is often purchased, to which you can add a few details, and the decor element will merge perfectly with the interior. This method is the easiest, but nothing compares to a completely man-made work, especially since such a product will be unique.
What should be the product:
- fitting into the interior
- comfortable and productive for the plant.
- Plastic version is universal. You can purchase various sizes and configurations of plastic pots. The main advantage is that any material is quickly and reliably glued to plastic. It is worth choosing light-colored plastic, since such a pot will be less heated in the sun. Moreover, in such pots the plant is less susceptible to the development of harmful microorganisms.
Plastic is good because, if necessary, additional decorative or drainage holes can be easily made in it. There is one minus at a plastic cache-pot - it is short-lived. When used at home, it does not threaten anything, but if the container is in the garden, the sun's rays will eventually do their job and under the influence of ultraviolet the product will become thinner and begin to crumble.
- Clay pot - The traditional and most solid foundation for home-made flower pots. From the point of view of design, you can find very interesting models. At the same time to create something really original with such material is almost impossible. Moreover, the clay product is difficult to provide adequate drainage.
- Stone pot. Such material is mainly used as an element of landscape design in the garden. Stone pots durable, looks monumental and beautiful. This eco-pot has one drawback - due to the large weight it is difficult to move from place to place if necessary.
- Wooden pot looks natural and eco-friendly. When decorating such pots with their own hands, you can not spend money on expensive materials, and use everything that comes handy on the street - from twigs to pebbles. Wooden pots make excellent pots. Those who dealt with wooden products recommend combining the material with stone or plastic, since the tree itself is short-lived, the bottom rottes over time, and parasites start in the wood. If, before making pots, the pot itself is treated with special materials on wood, the lifespan of such an improvised product will undoubtedly last.
- Metal capacity. Metal looks stylish, strictly and has high strength. Due to the fact that the metal tends to heat up, such containers for gardens are not recommended. It is also desirable when creating a product with your own hands, to combine metal with plastic or clay, as heat-insulating materials.
- Weaving pots made of nylon threads and ropes. The macrame style, despite its age, will never go out of fashion. Several generations of mothers and grandmothers decorated apartments and gardens with hanging flower pots. With their own hands, they spun openwork pendants from any fabric materials. Today, such products can be made from old T-shirts, tulle, jeans and other things that could go to the landfill. Macrame style pots look good both in open space and in home interiors.
Everyone can make a hanging pots with his own hands, because there is nothing difficult in this. It is important to choose a suitable basis, materials, and decide on the technique of execution.
What can be made pots for the apartment:
- the pencils,
- big circles,
- baby buckets
- small saucepans
- old tape recorder
- glue and thread.
This is only a small fraction of the materials with which you can refine the usual flower pots.
The first and easiest version of homemade pots is made on the basis of the most ordinary, preferably plastic pot. Elements of the same size, suitable for the pot in height, are densely attached to the glue on the outside of the container. To do this, you can take wooden or plastic skewers, ice cream sticks, even willow twigs. The most original version is to take sharpened colored pencils of the same length as decorative elements.
Such a cache-pot can be made either alone or together with a child, who will be interested in sorting and gluing selected elements. Pencils or sticks are laid out in one row on the table so that they form a straight line along the lower border. Making sure that all the sticks are the same length, you can simply glue them to the pot one at a time, or you can glue a piece of rope or fabric tape and glue it onto a row of sticks or pencils.
After one rope is glued, the next one is glued indented several centimeters from the first one. When the glue dries, you need to make sure that all the sticks are tightly glued and can twist around the pot. The whole construction should remind everyone the well-known bamboo mat, which is used for sushi making or for serving the table. The product can be supplemented with a satin ribbon of any color, wrapped around the bottom of the pots.
Cache pot from old books
For succulents and other varieties of unpretentious plants, designers often create very creative models. Some plant species can survive in almost any conditions, for example, with vertical gardening, half-closed space, or in multi-level flower pots like a green waterfall. Phytodesigners embody the most daring ideas in the apartment interior and in the garden. If for azaleas or begonias you first need to find the right soil, pot, drainage and lighting, then almost any land and container will do for cacti.
Fine pots are obtained from old unnecessary books or wooden soviet caskets. The fossa is carved in the cover or inside of a thick book. The entire paper surface of the book, especially the edges, is thickly processed PVA glue or any silicone glue, to form a waterproof film on paper that will protect the pots from moisture during watering. When the glue dries, you need to put a suitable pot in the hole with a plant, the edges of the pot should not protrude. From above, everything is peppered with small pebbles, crumb or gravel, completely hiding the presence of the pot.
In this way, you can design multi-level pots with your own hands, giving huge old dictionaries and other voluminous books a second life. At the same time, the older the book is, the more beautiful the pots will be.
Knitted sweater for indoor plants
The use of non-standard forms or unusual textures are typical for fashion options of flowerpots. Of particular popularity recently acquire knitted pots.
For knitting, you can use any thread, and as a tool - a hook or knitting needles. From the selected tool will be different and appearance. If knitting needles are used for knitting, it will be possible to decorate the product with patterns in the form of braids and cones. So the plant will be as if dressed in a sweater. Crocheted products can be decorated with embroidery and appliqués that will look very soft and cozy.
Knitting is performed using a circular element, used for weaving napkins or socks. When the required diagonal is reached, you just need to stop adding loops, knitting only the same row sizes. At the same time, the canvas will grow in height without increasing in diameter. At the very end there will be a slight increase in the diameter of the pot, so you will need to add a few extra loops to expand the product.
In this version of the product it is important to consider the further possibility of hanging the plant, or additional decoration. That is why pots should be as durable as possible. It is very important that the product is easily removed and dressed so that you can wash your sweater for the "green pet" if necessary.
If the complex needlework, which includes knitting, while in the process of development, such pots-sweaters can be done in a simpler way. For this you need to find several knit sweaters with matching patterns or patterns. It is said about a few pieces, as a single knitted pots does not look aesthetically pleasing, but here are a few elements of such decor that will harmonize with each other, will greatly decorate the room. Simple knitted pots are most convenient to do from the sleeves or neck. After the knitted base is finished, you can decorate it with beads, buttons or ribbons.
Suspended pots for garden flowers
In the open space, knitted crafts quickly become useless and lose their former charm in a matter of days. That is why for garden pots you need to take inexpensive, and even free materials that can serve as long as possible, and if a few months, then make a new one is not difficult.
What is in every house in sufficient quantities and colors, and even got it for free? Of course, these are plastic bottles. Glorious crafts made of transparent material adorn almost every garden plot, so why not make original hanging pots from the existing bottles? The plastic bottle is the perfect source. It can be cut into 2 parts, make holes in the bottom, decorate a little, and get an almost eternal pendant miracle for garden flowers.
It is possible to put the upper part of the bottle with the neck down in the same lower part, having placed a flower there. After a slight decoration at its discretion, it turns out a remarkable double volume pots. The bottle in the process may change beyond recognition. For example, you can make pots under the flower in the nursery. To do this, cut the bunny face or cat around the edge of the bottom of the bottle, paint it with paints and put the plant there. There are lots of options, you just need to wake up your imagination.
Suspended pots from t-shirts
Old T-shirt is not necessary to throw out, because of it you can make a bright pots in the style of macrame. To do this, cut the T-shirt across into equal dvuhsantimetrovye strips, and then tie them in a bundle at the base. We should hang the hanging ends together so as to create a semblance of a basket. The other end is also tied into a knot and for it the product is hung on the wall or under the ceiling. In the wicker basket is placed a pot with a flower.
Garden pots from slippers
For all amateur gardeners, the following method of recycling old flip flops or ordinary slippers, gone into oblivion. In addition to the main element, you will need small containers that fit tightly between the sole and the rubber bands on the shoes, playing the role of a pot. To do this, you can take the old ceramic cups, plastic cups, the bottom of a plastic bottle or an ordinary small flower pot. You can beat the nautical theme by sticking sand and a few shells onto a glass.
Provided that the pot with the soil and the plant will not weigh too much, the design of the Vietnamese reliably fix them. Flip-flops are fastened to the wall with nails or screws for the sole, after which the fragile part is installed with the plant itself. Best Vietnamese look in a pair.
Garden pots from the boxes
Designer trend at the cottage or garden? Why not! A regular box for seedlings is knocked out of planks, and a fashionable designer pot consists of planks knocked down in a box shape. No difference, so every gardener can decorate your site an ordinary wooden fruit boxto be varnished or artificially aged with sandpaper. After the work has been done, the box is covered with a protective glaze so that the product will live longer under any weather conditions.
In the garden or in the country you can often see a lot of ownerless baskets, which can also be used for multi-level pots. If such wicker stands are set to stand alone, they will most likely look a bit lost, but if you make vertical landscaping of the fence with the help of several baskets, all neighbors will envy such decor. The ensemble will look more interesting if you apply a milky enamel to the weaving.
The same principle can be used on the basis of several ceramic teapots, which can also be coated with colored enamel or painted in any colors you like. Some old teapots can be found at home, and a part can be asked from neighbors, or purchased at the "flea market". Perfectly look teapots of different configurations, but of the same color and with one decor. This element of the exterior, of course, will appreciate all the passers-by.
Suspended pots for trees
Since most of the garden is occupied by trees, it would be foolish not to decorate them with hanging pots with flowering garden plants. It can be woven using handy materials, using macrame technique. The main objective of such a product is to create a reliable mount that can withstand the weight of a pot, ground, flower, sediment and wind. The plant should feel comfortable and not break off the flowers and leaves on the thread. The ideal number of cords - 3-5 pieces. In this case, it is necessary to calculate that all fastenings are made to the nearest millimeter, otherwise the flower will hang asymmetrically.
An internal detail can be added to the woven hanging pots, which can be made of practically everything, for example, from a football or basketball ball, floristic linen, halves of plastic bottles fastened together, in which you can plant different flowers.
Pots for indoor plants in the style of macrame
Suspended pots or ordinary desktop often made in the style of macrame, which simply can not be something to limit. For weaving you will need thick threads, ropes or fabric strips. If you master this technique, you can create unthinkable products, weaving twigs, pebbles, flowers and beads into the product. At the same time, every time a completely original product is obtained.
All materials and schemes can be found in specialized stores for handmade goods or on the Internet. Mastering the technique of macrame, of course, you have to spend a little on materials, but in the end you can create fashion designer pots for yourself, for sale or as a gift.
Cache-pot from an old dresser
In the fall and spring, all gardeners clean up houses, gardens, and just on the windowsills with flowers. After such a cleaning, as a rule, many seemingly unnecessary things go to the landfill, and possibly furniture, from which you can also make a decor for the garden. Fine products are obtained from old rough shoes, dressers, laundry baskets.
A chest of drawers with drawers can be put in the garden by opening the drawers in different ways. It is not necessary to fill the ground inside, as this will shorten the life of PVC furniture. The boxes are lined with smaller pots of flowers and covered with floristic linen, moss or pine needles. To water the flowers, it is better to remove the pots from the box in order to prolong its life.
Sackcloth as a flowerpots
This, at first glance, rough material can be excellent design tool in skilled hands. The fabric can be left a la nauyurel or dyed in any color, and then wrap the pot with it. Thus, pots of different design, form and material can become one ensemble. You can also sew the edges of the fabric on the type of bag, decorate it with coffee beans and twine. If you need to securely fix the pots on the pot, you can use a glue gun, but you will not be able to wash such a product, if necessary.
Под кашпо можно организовать любой материал и любое изделие, достаточно лишь проявить чуточку фантазии. В умелых руках любая старая вещь может превратиться в дизайнерское ветхое кашпо, которое прекрасно впишется в интерьер и экстерьер.
A selection of ready-made pots for indoor and garden plants
The range of ready pots in the stores is incredibly large. In order not to get confused when choosing, experts advise to pay attention to several aspects. Among them:
- the price of the sample you like,
- destination pots,
- the size of the pot to be decorated
- compliance with the style of the interior or landscape design,
- practicality of the product.
Most often flower growers prefer pots for flowers made of polymeric materials, baked ceramics or clay, glass.
Plastic flower pots
The most affordable samples are made of plastic. They are easy to clean and can be used inside and outside the house. Due to the presence of drainage holes and the ability to easily make new plants in pots are protected from rotting of the root system. Another useful quality is lightness, which is important if the florist needs a hanging pot for an ampelous plant or a spectacular garland of flower pots. Despite the thin walls that are in the sun capacity does not heat to critical temperatures, does not cause overheating of the soil and the root system.
If desired, plastic pots can be easily decorated with fragments of wood, textiles, beads, or simply painted using safe and bright acrylic paints.
Plastic pots purchased in the store, it is easy to transform with a skein of rope and glue. The side surface processed by it is tightly wrapped with a string or cord.
However, with a lot of advantages, plastic pots have a couple of drawbacks. They are not superfluous racks when used outdoors, and the product can not be called original.
Ceramics of different types have long been used to make flower pots and pots. Clay is incredibly malleable. It can take a variety of forms, the natural material stores the warmth of the hands of the master, transferring it to the interior or dacha site.
When choosing a ceramic pots, you should pay attention to the presence of a drainage hole, as well as to the outer coating.
Unglazed clay retains porosity, which improves the microclimate inside the pot, but reduces the durability of flower pots. When watering tap water on the walls may appear sloppy stains. Outside the house, the container threatens to destroy:
- increased air humidity
- sudden changes in temperature, especially freezing and thawing.
Painted or glazed ceramics look very impressive and much stronger, but it warms up slowly and does not remove excess moisture.
Because of the large weight for ceramics, especially in the manufacture of hanging pots for flowers with their own hands, you need a secure fit. It is easy to make with the help of durable rope and macrame techniques.
Transparent or colored glass is a fragile but spectacular material that will help decorate the interior, making the house unique.
At the same time, having shown imagination, it is not at all difficult to make such a flowerpot with your own hands for indoor flowers.
As a basis, you can take the glass jars of suitable size, glasses, vases, or even a small rounded aquarium. By connecting the vessels with a rope, securing them on a wooden stand, you can build a garland for flowers, make pots for several pots at once.
How and from what to make a flower pots with their own hands
Ornaments sill and garden will be pots, not found in the store, and personally made florist. Such samples, as a rule:
- Many times cheaper than analogues from the store,
- created taking into account the tastes and preferences of the master,
- are unique.
But, relying on your imagination, the grower needs to remember about the reliability of the future of flower pots, safety and practicality. It is especially important to take into account the variability of weather and the influence of external factors, if you have to assemble a garden planter.
The most popular materials suitable for such work:
- wood, including planks, bamboo, dry branches, collected in the garden,
- cement mixtures, turning after solidification into durable, moisture-resistant structures,
- durable types of twine and rope, from which wicker pots are made,
- textiles treated with durable paint.
For the original pots or materials for its manufacture is not necessary to go to the store.
One has only to look around to notice things that have become obsolete, but that can turn into a unique interior or landscape object.
Suspended pots for flowers do it yourself
Man-made pots for the home are an excellent reason to show your imagination and demonstrate the ability to create practical and absolutely unique things.
The simplest option is a suspended pots in the macrame technique. Woven to the size of the pot, it is:
- fits perfectly into the interior,
- decorates any container in which the indoor flower grows,
- can be used for ordinary and ampelous plants,
- in conjunction with others, forms a multi-tiered garland, saving space on the windowsill and giving the window a unique look.
In addition, pots can significantly improve the coverage of plants and simplifies care when a large number of flowers in the house.
When choosing a rope for weaving, it is better to give preference to samples of wear-resistant fiber, which does not stretch under load, does not fade into the sun, and is not afraid of moisture. The same requirements apply to woven pots for the street.
Floor and table pots for flowers
Large plants, such as indoor lemon, monstera, ficus or lush fern - a great home decoration. That they looked even more spectacular, the pot can be put in the original pots.
It is not always possible to choose the option of a suitable design and size, but it is up to everyone to make a high floor flowerpot independently.
One of the options - pots of cement. As a basis, they take a quick-hardening mixture, which is poured into the prepared mold and after some time a solid casting-pot is obtained. Another way to use the material is to drink them a textile flap and give it a suitable look, wait for the composition to dry. Such pots can be used in the house and on the garden plot. For a more decorative effect, the cast is painted and even covered with mosaic.
A perfect pot for a large flower is a box of a suitable shape. Pre-grind it, process it with a waterproof varnish or paint it. To protect the floor and other surfaces, such as a table under a wooden flowerpots, a tray is installed at the bottom to collect excess moisture. The free space between the pot and the pot can be filled with coconut fiber.
Simplify the care of a large green pet, protect the plant from moisture deficiency and drying will help pots with built-in irrigation system. You can buy it or do it yourself from auxiliary materials.
In addition to the capacity for the pot, there is a cavity for water and a tube for filling it, as well as a system of holes that feed moisture to the roots and drain it off. A similar design for flowers of all sizes can be assembled at home. It will be useful on the windowsill and in the garden, especially when the plants are deprived of the attention of the grower.
The simplest pots with automatic watering can be made from an ordinary plastic pot. The main thing is that it should be of a suitable size, and its bottom should have many large drainage holes. Perfectly the shipping container in which flowers come to shop perfectly will approach. Under the drainage, a mosquito net made of plastic is laid at the bottom. It will not allow the soil to wash out. Several nylon cords are passed through the holes so that their ends remain loosely hanging.
Putting such pots with home or garden flowers on the gravel in a pallet filled with water, you can be sure that the plant will not suffer from drying out. On the rope, the liquid will rise to the ground, but will not cause the roots to rot.
Leather hanging pots are simple to make, and look very original. Add a bit of style to your home decor along with this wonderful leather flowerpots. He definitely can be exactly the highlight that makes the interior unique.
Stylish ideas for home
Whatever the interior of the room, its design and color design, you can always find some universal solutions. These include the use of black and white, jeans and weaving of various kinds. Plus, self-manufacturing pots for the pot is that you get an exclusive item that fits perfectly in all respects.
Fabric and thread
Pots for indoor flowers with your own hands can be made of fabric or of threads. If a woven fabric is used, it must match the rest of the textiles in the interior. Neutral options are sacking and jeans.
Cute and stylish pot pots can be made from scratch, for this you will need:
- Cotton fabric of any color.
- Decorative tape cut.
- Ice cream bucket or mayonnaise.
- Sewing machine, thread, scissors, etc.
- Glue gun and rods.
First you need to measure how much material is required. To do this, wrap with burlap and cloth ice cream bucket. This is the length to cut. The width of the burlap and the fabric will be different, since the “wrap” for the pot is two-layered. The height of each piece of material needs to be determined arbitrarily, but leave 1 cm seam allowances. In addition, 2–3 cm below and on top should be left at the edges of the edges.
Cut the fabric and burlap, lay face up to each other and stitch. Turn to the front side, sew a decorative tape to the seam. Wrap the bucket, fold the edges and stick it on the hot glue. The bottom of the burlap gently bend to the bottom and glue. Top of the material to fill inside the bucket.
Cut a strip of fabric with a length of 10–15 cm and a width of 3–5 cm. Fold in half the length, do the assembly on the thread. Fold in a spiral to make a flower and fix with several stitches. Make in the same way two more smaller flowers. Cut several leaves out of the burlap. Glue the decor at the junction of burlap and fabric on hot glue. Cache-pot with your own hands is ready!
Bamboo and Jute version
To make pots in eco-style, you will need:
- Bamboo napkin.
- Glue gun or Moment glue, pencil, scissors and stationery knife.
- A small piece of burlap, lace ribbon.
- White acrylic paint, craquelure varnish and brush.
- A small piece of twine.
- Wooden beads.
- The basis for flowerpots - a bucket of mayonnaise or a large tin can.
Wrap the base of the bamboo napkin, mark the resulting figure with a pencil. Cut off the excess. Cover sticks with craquelure, let dry. After that, cover with white acrylic paint and dry.
Tape the base with a dyed napkin, carefully docking the edges. First wrap the pots with a strip of burlap, fix it on the glue. Place a narrower strip of lace on top. String wooden beads on the string and glue over the lace. Stylish eco-ready!
Similarly, you can make the original pots, pasting the base with jute twine. It is necessary to fix at least the turns through one, so that they are dense and do not shine through the base. It is possible to decorate such a thing with flowers from fabric or natural materials.
You can decorate flower pots in a teenager’s room with the help of old jeans, and such a design will not cause a protest in a child. Would need:
- Pieces jeans.
- Clay Moment "Crystal".
- Threads, buttons, decorative spikes, rhinestones and semi-beads.
- Pencil, ruler, measuring tape, scissors, chalk.
- The basis of flowerpots.
Measure the basis for decorating with a measuring tape, cut a piece of denim with the specified dimensions. Using the ruler and chalk to draw the line on which the decor will be located. If the pots are intended to decorate a boy's room, it is best to sew on buttons or spikes. Alternative for girls - rhinestones, semi-beads and lace.
Sew or glue the parts, wrap the base material and glue it on the glue. The fabric can be decorated with a zipper.
Cachepot from scrap materials
Suspended version of decorative design is quite popular because it looks aesthetically pleasing and at the same time it saves a lot of space on window sills. A bright and concise version of this design can be done pretty quickly. Would need:
- Neon threads.
- Straws for cocktails of bright colors.
Measure 8 lengths of threads of the same length. This value depends on how high you want the pot to hang from the ceiling. The length varies from 80 to 110 cm. Put all the threads in one bundle and tie one end into a single knot. Arrange two threads on four sides.
Cut pieces of 2–2.5 cm long from straws. Thread each thread into a straw. Pair knotted. Arrange the threads after the knot in different directions. Thread through each piece of a straw 5–6 cm long in pairs to connect knots of threads from adjacent sections. Repeat this action once or twice. The pot is ready, you can insert the pot and hang it from the ceiling.
Hammock from an old T-shirt
If an old T-shirt was in your closet and you urgently need to figure out at least some pots for a pot, business for small. Understand the intricacies of weaving from strips of old fabric. In addition to T-shirts, scissors and a little patience are required.
T-shirt cut into 8 identical knitted stripes and pull them into strands. Tie all the ends in one knot, after knot tie the harnesses in pairs at different distances. After that, connect the extreme bands from neighboring pairs of nodes. And so weave the cells to the desired height of your pot. The harnesses are fixed with a common knot at such a height so that you can insert the container with the plant.
Plastic bottle container
Perhaps more ordinary and affordable material than a plastic bottle is not found. For a spectacular stand for the plant you will need:
- Plastic bottle.
- Old DVD disc.
- Super glue.
- Paint in aerosol, newspaper.
- Stationery knife marker.
First you need to mark the cutout line with a marker. From one container can get two stands for plants. Cut the plastic with a sharp knife. Invert the upper part of the container with the neck and the stopper with the neck down and glue it to the center of the CD with superglue.
Put the entire structure on a full sheet of newspaper and evenly paint it with aerosol paint. If necessary, cover the second layer. Paint the remaining half of the bottle if necessary. The work is over!
Old blown ball can be used as a hanging container for a pot. The most spectacular will look like a basketball or a soccer ball. It must be cut in half and make holes in the edges under the cord. It is very important to choose the shape of the pot so that it repeats the natural shape of the ball. Perfect for ampelous plants.
Any, the most beautiful cultural plants and flowers need a decent design. This is the correct layout for color and growth, for varieties and species, as well as a harmonious and appropriate frame, zoning plants.
Many owners of summer cottages and private houses prefer to make flowerpots and planters for the garden with their own hands. This often saves money, although it requires some effort.
Concrete and fabric
The popular production of such pots requires not too many materials. It is necessary to find a container for a blank that would fit the size of a tub or a flowerpot, prepare a solution of concrete and find an unnecessary rag or towel.
The consistency of the solution should resemble thin sour cream. In it you need to put a cloth and let it soak for a few minutes. After that, remove the fabric and lay it on a turned upside down blank before the concrete completely set. Ready pots can be painted with paint or leave in its original form.
Plastic pipes and bottles
Such capacity for a pot can be the different sizes and diameters. It can be a vertically set pipe, or cut along the length. Plastic can be decorated with paints in an aerosol and stencils, assembled into a multi-tiered structure and decorated with carvings.
With some effort, large five-liter egg-caps can turn into amusing pigs or swans. To make a pig from the five-liter, it is enough to paint the plastic pink and finish painting the patch and eyes.
Various pots decorated with stone, shells, cutting from a tree trunk, dry rods, cones, acorns, etc. look very harmoniously and neatly.
Uprooted stumps can be turned into a container for plants. To do this, cut off the protruding roots and branches, clean the stump from the bark and sand. In the middle, gouge out a suitable size with a chisel and other tools. Cover the tree with ship varnish and allow to dry. After that pots can be used as intended.
Exotic coconut in our area can be successfully turned into a hanging container for a flower. To do this, cut it in half and cut the whole flesh with a knife. Drill to make a few holes for the cord and pots ready!
Large shells are also used to decorate containers with home colors in both suspended and static positions. Такой вариант используется, как правило, для однолетних цветущих растений.
Как показывает практика, вариантов для изготовления декоративной емкости для горшков очень много. Совершенно необязательно покупать дорогие дизайнерские вещи, которые порой простому обывателю кажутся несколько странными. Everything can be done independently, the main thing is to approach the matter with fantasy!
Materials for pots
Most often the following materials are used as materials for the manufacture of a decorative stand for flowers:
- wood is natural and beautiful, you need to choose its high quality and resistance to moisture,
- ceramic pots for indoor flowers are very diverse, can be painted or covered with glaze,
- stainless steel is characteristic of the hi-tech style,
- metal products can be made multi-tiered or forged,
- plastic pots are practical and light, therefore they are often used outdoors,
- The polystone is very plastic, therefore it can be used to make pots on the wall or on the floor of any shape, moreover, it is absolutely harmless.
Cachepot of mirror tiles
Often, small mirror tiles are used for decorating walls, but also decorative pots with their help look beautiful and stylish.
- To create one product you will need 5 tile tiles and a hot glue gun.
- Place one tile on the flat table surface with the mirror part down - this will be the base of the figure.
- Attach the remaining 4 tiles perpendicular to its sides, holding the joints with hot glue.
- As soon as the glue finally grabs, place a non-heavy plant pot in the resulting boxes. All is ready.
- The ability to reflect the surrounding objects makes this interior detail quite interesting for contemplation.
Wooden model from a bar
It is better to make street pots from a bar, as the material is rather wear-resistant. This option is suitable for home amateur woodworkers who love to mess with wood.
- For a natural product, 24 cubes of 15-20 cm each will be required (depending on the height of the pots you want).
- It is necessary to stack the bars according to the type of well, forming a square box with through openings, attaching a pair of dostochk as the bottom.
- Connect one with the other pieces of wood better screws.
- To the corners of the upper row of bars are attached ropes-suspensions.
- Such flower pots are suspended from any tree in the garden or on the veranda.
From the shell of the most common coconut can make an exotic pots. Especially interesting and harmonious in such products look blooming orchids.
- In the part of the nut, where there are three dark "eyes", make a hole carefully with a knife or a screwdriver. Pour the juice through them.
- Grinder (hacksaw) cut a thick shell across.
- When the nut dries, cut off all the inner flesh with a knife.
- Drill 3 holes closer to the top edge of the shell for hanging.
- Thread the wires, ropes, chains or special metal hangers through the holes.
"Clothes for the pot" of burlap
If you are interested in how to make pots for decorating the fence, pay attention to the seasonal fabric model.
- To make pots in rustic country style, any thick fabric will do.
- Cut two blanks in the form of semicircles or squares according to the type of pocket, and hang it on the fence.
- In order to strengthen the pot in it, it is necessary to sew a strip of fabric or a wire threaded into the fabric to the upper edge.
Vinyl pots from old records
It is unrealistic to meet fancifully curved pots or coasters in the store, so after spending only 20 minutes of your time, you will get a unique thing. Required materials:
- old gramophone record
- pan or molded pan,
- acrylic paint
- thick work gloves to prevent burns.
A decorative pot stand is created according to the following plan.
- Place the plate on the plate.
- On top, install a jar of the diameter that you need later.
- Place the entire structure in an oven preheated to 150 degrees for a couple of minutes.
- Very soon the disc will begin to soften and melt. As soon as you notice this process, immediately put on mittens and remove the construction from the oven.
- Immediately start molding the product around the pan or jar.
- While the material remains soft, make 3 holes with a screwdriver in the walls to subsequently install the suspension.
- Finish the design of the cooled product by painting with acrylic paints on the outside, and optionally on the inside.
Cache pockets of twigs or sticks
Wooden pots most harmoniously fit into the garden interior. Note that large pots are decorated with long branches, so prepare the right amount of material in advance.
- sticks or twigs,
- tight twine
- piece of burlap,
- hot glue,
- simple plastic pot.
Weaving pots for indoor plants from wooden sticks is performed as follows:
- Smooth twigs or sticks are cut into equal pieces of about 20 cm.
- Bottom and top of the branches are connected to each other, to get a single canvas. Tie a knot on the first branch, lay the next branch, and tie the knot again. So continue until you tie all the twigs together.
- Screw a piece of burlap on the desired plastic pot, fixing it with a glue gun.
- Wrap a wooden cloth around the pot with a flower, and tie the ends of the ropes together.
Macrame woven pots
Suspended pots for macrame flowers are suitable if there is no room left on the windowsills. Need to:
- 8 m. Natural fiber rope,
- a pot with a diameter of 10 cm
- 4 large and 4 small balls (the folded rope should pass freely in their holes),
- wooden ring for curtains,
- masking tape
- acrylic paint with a brush.
Before weaving the pots with your own hands, familiarize yourself with the technology:
- Paint the balls and the wooden ring. Glue the tape on the pot to form a pattern, paint it on top, and tear off the tape until the paint layer is completely dry.
- Rope cut into 4 equal pieces of 2 m each.
- Fold them in half, thread them into the ring, and fasten them so that a loop is formed.
- Pass each pair of ropes first through the small and then through the large wooden ball.
- Measure 40 cm on each pair of ropes and tie a knot over them. You will have 4 knots at the same height.
- Separate pairs of ropes, and tie each of them with the next. You will leave a kind of zigzags. The distance between the lower and upper rows of nodes should be 6 cm.
- Now tie the rightmost rope to the leftmost rope. So you have a circle.
- Repeat the procedure. Once again, divide the strings and tie a row of knots, backing away from the previous 6 cm.
- At the end, collect all the strings, and tie them into a large knot. Step back 6 cm from the previous row of knots, cut the ropes, leaving a small brush.
- Take the pot and insert it into the formed cocoon.
The resulting wall planter can be hung in the room or it can be decorated with the facade of the house. For clarity, below is a tutorial video presented to you.
This floor planter for flowers is suitable for decorating the garden. Artificial swan looks expensive and interesting, and the cost of such an idea is cheap. You will need:
- 5 liter plastic bottle,
- small pieces of reinforcing mesh
- metal rod
- gypsum starting putty,
- Oil paint,
Instructions for making:
- Turn the bottle on its side.
- Cut the top of the bottle, screw the cap.
- Put on a flat surface, fill with wet sand.
- Twist the rod in the form of two, securing it in the cork.
- Knead the plaster according to the instructions on the stack. Lay it on the work surface covered with film. Place a bottle of sand on the plaster on top. Shape the body of the swan and the beginning of the neck.
- On the walls of the bottle, too, apply plaster, smoothing it with a wet brush.
- Bend the mesh for the wings a little and reinforce it with putty on the sides.
- With wet hands, form a “plumage” and neck, wrapping layer after layer of plaster with a bandage.
- Make a tail from a piece of twig and putty.
- Eliminate all the flaws, and after 2-3 days, clean the sandpaper product.
- Apply a layer of primer for painting, after drying, cover the bird with white enamel, decorate the eyes and beak.
As you can see, making original and modern flower pots with your own hands is easier than ever, and the result will not only decorate the house and the site, but also inspire you with new ideas. What decor options do you like best? Share your experiences in the comments.